Welcome to Juanita Athletics
2023 Summer Sports
Registration for LWSD-sponsored Summer Athletics workouts will open on May 1, 2023. Several programs will be running sport-specific work and we are pleased to continue our Raven Strength program that will allow athletes of all programs to build explosive power, athletic agility, and overall fitness throughout the summer. Athletes will need to register via FinalForms and be cleared with physicals and the proper paperwork. Additionally, there is a participation fee for each of these sports that will be paid through the LWSD online payment system.
Registration and deadline information here
Sports being offered:
- All-Sports Strength & Conditioning - Coach Samy Habib - SHabib@lwsd.org
- All-Sports Strength & Conditioning - Coach Michael Brandenburg – MBrandenburg@lwsd.org
- Football - Coach Jared Carter - JaCarter@lwsd.org
- Wrestling - Coach Kevin Corbett - KeCorbett@lwsd.org
- Volleyball – Coach Mark Thornburg – MThornburg@lwsd.org
- Men’s Basketball – Coach Gordon Kaplan – GKaplan@lwsd.org
- Women’s Basketball – Coach Katya Yancheva – KYancheva@lwsd.org
- Women’s Soccer – Coach Dan Faires – DFaires@lwsd.org
- Golf (Coed) – Coach Mike Fleming – MFleming@lwsd.org
Summer Athletics covers 20 hours of programming at a cost of $50 to student-athletes for each sport chosen. Individual sports schedules are determined by each coach, please contact the coaches above directly for more information.
Register for Summer Athletics – https://lakewashington-wa.finalforms.com/
- A participation fee will be collected for Summer Workouts
- You may register for more than one sport; each sport has its own participation fee of $50.
- It is your responsibility to determine if you can coordinate the schedule of multiple sports.
- Financial Assistance is available – Please use this link for more information https://www.lwsd.org/students-families/how-to-waive-extra-curricular-fees-for-high-school
Our Athletics Team
Athletic Director: Jason Thurston
Athletic Secretary: Kris Blanch
Athletic Trainer: Kayla Cunningham
Athletic Complex Manager: Alec Hinn
Important Athletics Links
How Athletics Transportation Works
Contact Your Coach:
Most up-to-date schedules for all sports:
- Kingco Conference Athletic Calendar - new site coming soon, check back mid-January for updates
National Collegiate Athletic Association:
JHS Booster Club: The below link is an external link. Booster club websites are not controlled or operated by the Lake Washington School District