- Jennifer Hamilton: Secretary & Registrar
- Stefa Chow (A-Cr)
- Hannah Sessions (Cu-Hi)
- Taylor Reuhl (Ho-K)
- Michelle Bainter (L-O)
- Christina Hunsberger (P-St)
- Ines Bergman (Su-Z & Spanish speaking families)
- Hannah Harrison: Social Worker
- Brenda Dean: School Psychologist
- Ashleigh Hasslinger: High School & Beyond
- Leann Johnson: Data Processor
Welcome to the Juanita HS Counseling Center!
What we do:
The Juanita High Counselors are educators uniquely trained in child and adolescent development, learning strategies, self-management and social skills who understand and promote success for today’s diverse students. We provide support to students during times of transition, heightened stress, critical challenge, or other situations impeding student success.
Additionally, we work with students to explore future plans and prepare for those future plans emotionally, academically and socially.
The Juanita Counseling Team also works with families and students to provide support in the realms of basic needs, mental health resources, academic success, and personal growth.
Please note: JHS does not take responsibility for the contents of any of the websites linked from this site. Please use caution when leaving this site.
Student Only Counselor Appointment Request: https://forms.office.com/r/q8Rz7HRUr3
- Encourage school/life balance
- Encourage scheduled time to unplug
- Support your student being advocates for themselves
- Work with your student on organization methods and time management strategies.
- Implement "Brain Breaks" during study time
- Help them with strategies on acknowledging that sometimes things can be really hard, but that is ok!
- Take care of your mind and body!
- Teach and encourage the importance of attendance and arriving to class and appointments on time
- We encourage you to have frequent conversations about difficult topics.
- Work with your student on what is appropriate forms of formal communication vs casual communication.
- Find ways to incorporate patience in daily life.
- Both you and your student establishing a frequent routine of checking skyward for grades.
- Find a way to establish a non-distraction zone for studying
- Encourage and establish perspective when students are involved in social media.