College & Career Center
The College & Career Center (CCC) is a place where students may come to find out about college visits, scholarships, job openings, field trips, and volunteer opportunities. We are here to provide information and guidance to help students navigate their post high school options. The Center provides many resources to meet the interests and needs of students, including career exploration, college planning, scholarships, college visits, volunteer/community service, and employment.
Follow us on Instagram @jhscollegecareercenter
Excellent Resources for you to take advantage of:
- Translated Materials (español, Русский язык, Tiếng Việt, af Soomaali )
- Earn College Credits & Explore Alternate Schooling Options (CTE, WANIC, Running Start, Worksite Learning)
- Volunteer & Mentoring Opportunities
- Getting a Job (Resume, Cover letters, Interviews)
- Apprenticeships and Internships
- Military visits
- Choosing a College
- Financial Aid (Scholarships, FASFA, WASFA, Workstudy)
- College Application resources (Common App, Essays, Letters or Recommendation, Transcripts)
- PSAT, SAT & ACT Planning
- College Resources for LGBT+ Students
Translated Materials (español, Русский язык, Tiếng Việt, af Soomaali )
Earn College Credits & Explore Alternate Schooling Options (CTE, WANIC, Running Start, Worksite Learning)
Volunteer & Mentoring Opportunities
Getting a Job (Resume, Cover letters, Interviews)
Apprenticeships and Internships
Choosing a College
Financial Aid (Scholarships, FASFA, WASFA, Workstudy)
College Application resources (Common App, Essays, Letters or Recommendation, Transcripts)
PSAT, SAT & ACT Planning
College Resources for LGBT+ Students
Explore your options on youtube with Study Hall
Upcoming College & Career Center Events
College & University Admission Representatives:
Juanita High School welcomes you! We are pleased to host in-person visits again this fall. Please sign up on here to secure your spot: Rep Visit
If you are a local business or community service organization with opportunities for JHS students, please complete the appropriate intake form. After completing the intake form, you can optionally email a flier with information for our job board and email our college and career specialist
Intake form for job postings for Juanita Students
Intake form for volunteer postings for Juanita Students
JHS has a proud tradition of community service. If you have a volunteer opportunity for our students, please contact us at the email above.
Connect with the College & Career Center
Jasper Adams - College & Career Guidance Specialist (425) 936-1615
Peggy Shay - College & Career Assistant (425) 936-1616
Meetings & Drop ins
Students may drop in any time throughout the school day with teacher permission. Appointments and call downs can be made by email.
- College Board
SAT and AP information & practice tests; college & scholarship search.
- Big Future - College Search use these websites to find the best college, degree program and location for your post-high school education
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- WASFA - Washington Application for State Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator find out how much college is going to cost and resources that will help you get there.
- Virtual College Tours Want to take a virtual tour of a college campus?
Beyond four-year college, there are many options for continuing education and training after high school:
2-Year/ Technical/ Vocational School - one or two year degrees provide specific career training programs
Direct-to-Work- Start working immediately
Apprenticeships: hands on career training for crafts or trades "earn while you learn" https://secure.lni.wa.gov/arts-public/#/program-search
Military- Full time and part time service
Military Guide if you are interested in the military, find out which branch is best for you!
Gap Year- Volunteer and/or live abroad
** Follow the links from the Table of Contents for resources, tips, and links for a variety of post high school options, college planning tips, timelines and more. **
✔ Visit the JHS Counseling Applying to College page for info on Letters of Recommendation, requesting high school transcripts, registering for the ACT/SAT and more.