Running Start program allows 11th and 12th grade high school students to take college-level courses at community and technical colleges. Students can earn both high school and college credits through this partnership between the K-12 and community college systems.
Running Start Information
Due to continued concerns regarding COVID-19, we have postponed our orientation sessions. In lieu of in-person meetings, we ask that if you are interested in pursuing the Running Start program, you thoroughly look though all the information provided below. Thank you for your understanding!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
In order to schedule an appointment with your JHS counselor to discuss Running Start, you and your parent/guardian first need follow the steps below. Individual meetings will start after May 1st.
- Review the presentations from Juanita and from the college you are interested in attending (see frequently accessed college links to the right)
- Complete the full JHS Running Start Packet
- Current LWSD students are required to take the Running Start Student Quiz (must have an LWSD email account): http://bit.ly/StudentRunningStartQuiz
- Non-LWSD students, please take the following Running Start Student Quiz: http://bit.ly/NonLwsdStudentRunningStartQuiz
- Guardians are required to take the Running Start Parent Quiz (LWSD account is not needed): http://bit.ly/ParentRunningStartQuiz
- Complete Running Start Application at the college you plan to attend next fall
- Starting May 1st students may email or contact their counselor, confirming completion of the steps above and ask for a meeting. Please remember to bring your completed Running Start paperwork with you.