Running Start program allows 11th and 12th grade high school students to take college-level courses at community and technical colleges. Students can earn both high school and college credits through this partnership between the K-12 and community college systems.
Running Start Information
Interested in Running Start? Please thoroughly look though all the information provided below.
Students are welcome to complete all required steps, then email their counselor their signed 2020 Running Start Agreement Form (or sign the online attestation on this page). Please also let your counselor know if you plan to take any classes with JHS or attend Running Start full-time (no classes with JHS).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~Regarding placement testing: With the college campuses limited due to COVID-19, colleges may have alternative ways of allowing kids to place in to classes, which may include high school grades, SBA and/or SAT/ACT scores. If the college is requesting your unofficial transcript, complete the Transcript Request Form. If the college is requesting your SBA scores, you can view them on Skyward. If the college is requesting your SAT or ACT scores, you may log in to your College Board or ACT accounts online and see your score reports.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Review the presentations from Juanita and from the college you are interested in attending (see frequently accessed college links to the right)
- Read the full JHS Running Start Packet
- Sign the agreement here: RS Online Attestation
- Email your JHS School Counselor a signed copy of the RS packet or that you've completed the Online Attestation.
- Complete running start application and steps at the college you plan to attend next fall (information on their websites)