Class of 2023 Graduation Information
- May 10th – Cap & Gown Distribution #2, Commons, During lunch & after school (12:45-2:30)
- If your student cannot pick-up at this time, Cap & Gowns will be available for pick up in the Main Office after May 10th (7am-3pm).
- May 10th - June 2nd – Additional Ticket Request Form
- Seniors will receive a form in their LWSD email to request additional tickets for graduation (default amount: 10 tickets). If you need any ADA seats please reach out to Ms. Hamilton.
- June 3rd – Senior Prom (Seniors and their guests only)
- Tickets will only be sold at the bookkeeper window through Friday June 2nd (Start date TBD)
- Guest Pass Deadline will be Wednesday, May 31 by 3:00 PM. No exceptions.
- No tickets available at the door.
- June 5th – Senior Check out forms available
- Seniors will receive their check out forms which will list any and all materials they have checked out. Laptops will show up as fines until laptop turn in (June 12th).
- June 12th – Senior Sunset, Bergh Field, 8:30 p.m.
- This annual JHS event will begin at 8:30 p.m. on the field.
- June 13th – Last day of classes for Seniors
- Seniors will turn in any remaining materials for classes, laptops, get all necessary signatures and turn in their check out forms. The form must be turned in for students to attend graduation practice.
- You can make this a smoother process by paying your fees/fines online and avoid the line at the bookkeeper!
- June 14th – Senior Breakfast, Commons, 6:30 a.m - FREE but Sign up below required!
This event is the longest standing tradition at Juanita High School. Your JHS staff will serve you a light breakfast, you’ll have some time to visit and sign yearbooks, and there will be some fun and fantastic performances by your talented staff. Sign up here- https://forms.office.com/r/vT90tjc6vd
- June 14th – Graduation Rehearsal, Fieldhouse, 7:45 AM Seating; 8:00 AM Begin Rehearsal
- Graduation rehearsal is a required event. You need to know who you are seated next to and how the procession, ceremony happens.
- Tickets to the ceremony will be distributed after the rehearsal.
- June 14th – Moving Up Ceremony (students only), at 9:10 AM, Following Grad Rehearsal
- Departmental Honors will be awarded during this student only assembly, along with a variety of recognitions and celebrations. 9th-11th graders will also celebrate “moving up” to their next grade!
- June 14th – Ticket Pick Up- Immediately following Graduation Practice
- We have ADA seating available but a limited number of tickets. Please be sure to request your ADA ticket from Ms Hamilton. We aim to provide parking information during Ticket Pick-Up. Please Note: UW charges to park. Parking is not complimentary for students, families, or guests.
- June 15th – Graduation, UW Alaska Airlines Arena (Hec Ed Pavilion), 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.,
- Student expectations:
- Arrive wearing their caps & gowns
- Professional dress under gowns
- Arrive on time
- No bags – unfortunately, there is no storage for these items
- Pictures will be taken by GradImages. GradImages will contact families directly to place orders.
- Student expectations:
VENUE AND PARKING INFORMATION
- Parking will be paid for by individuals (parents, family, etc.) attending of graduation on graduation – pay by phone parking on the app. $7.25 a day.
- Parking will be in E18 parking lot (biggest parking lot)
- ADA Parking – drop off in front of Graves then move to parking lot, E7 parking lots for handicap or disabled.
- Students and staff to enter through Loading Dock with security checks.
- Family and Guests to enter through main entry doors.
- Doors to arena to open 1-hour prior to graduation to guests.
- Empty water bottles are OK and encouraged for guests to bring. NO OTHER FOOD/DRINK
Communications sent Re: Graduation & Sr Dates!
Cap & Gown Information
Have questions about pickup - Please contact Mr. Salmi
Class of 2023 Baccalaureate
June 11th - 4pm
St John Vianney
Baccalaureate is an optional non-school sponsored faith-based service open to all graduating seniors and their families. This is a student-lead service focused on honoring faith and the soon to be graduates.
Please reach out to Denise Ghilarducci with questions or to donate to make this even happen. firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Breakfast- Wednesday, June 14th 6:30 am, in the commons. FREE
This event is the longest standing tradition at Juanita High School. Your JHS staff will serve you a light breakfast, you’ll have some time to visit and sign yearbooks, and there will be some fun and fantastic performances by your talented staff.
Immediately following this event is the mandatory Graduation Rehearsal in the field house, you have to be here anyway- so you may as well come and have some fun!
Sign up with this link:
***Important reminder to all Seniors including Running Start students***
You must regularly check and use your LWSD email account!
Important senior information is sent there and there are some online forms that can only be accessed if you have updated and used your LWSD account.
This will include a Required Senior Survey; it will be emailed to your LWSD account and you will only have access to this Microsoft Form with your LWSD account. This will be sent out end of May/beginning of June. If you need help resetting your LWSD password so you can access your account, please visit: https://jhs.lwsd.org/academics/library
If not completed, you will not be cleared to walk at graduation and final transcripts and diplomas will be held.
Save the date for Senior Prom!
Elementary School Senior March
The Elementary School March/Parade is a newer tradition, but well-loved!
Seniors will visit their former Elementary schools for a march through the halls, cheered for by the current elementary students. Each school has scheduled their parade based on their availability. Seniors will check their school email on Monday, June 5th, to confirm their school’s day/time.
You can sign up with this link:
Questions? Contact Ms. Hasslinger
Seniors please see below information on your PTSA Senior Celebration! Get your tickets ASAP so you don't miss out on the fun!
Information on Sr Yard Signs also included here....